What do we offer?
We offer a fulltime internship for 6 months at our headquarters in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland. You will be part of the materials technology team.
Solid Surface materials are a composition of stone flour which is embedded into a polymer matrix. These versatile materials often find its applications in kitchen countertops or bathroom basins. The wide variety of patterns, forms, and colors allow architects and designers to transform their most ambitious visions into reality.
The goal of this internship is to create an innovative solid surface material which fulfills all the criteria for commercially available products including ecological and economical aspects. The outcome of this project will have a significant impact on the future product development for bathroom facilities commercialized by Geberit.
- Basic research with the possibility of fast implementation in running productions
- Modern lab facilities with a large variety of methods for materials characterization
- Interdisciplinary team with expertise and knowhow in various fields
- Flexible working hours
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a materials engineer or experimental physics/chemistry student that is enthusiastic about his/her studies and would like to experience an industrial working environment.
- Good understanding and knowledge of different kind of materials
- Open minded persons with new ideas
- Practical thinking and the vision for a retaliation in a production plant
- Hands on skills for working in a chemistry lab
- Experience working with chemicals / polymers / resins
- German language is mandatory
We are looking forward to your meaningful online application.
Geberit International AG
HR Business Partner
+41 55 221 62 60
The globally operating Geberit Group is a European leader in the field of sanitary products. Geberit operates with a strong local presence in most European countries, providing unique added value when it comes to sanitary technology and bathroom ceramics. The production network encompasses 30 production facilities, of which 6 are located overseas. The Group is headquartered in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland. With around 12,000 employees in around 50 countries, Geberit generated net sales of CHF 2.9 billion in 2017. The Geberit shares are listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and have been included in the SMI (Swiss Market Index) since 2012.